TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Whiteline subframe and diff bushing review
People Seeking Info

Subject Whiteline subframe and diff bushing review

Posted by Haasz32 on May 22, 2017 at 7:52 PM
  This message has been viewed 607 times.

Message I installed some Whiteline bushings in my car earlier this Spring. I'm happy to report that they are working well for me.

I installed the old style subframe bushings w92446 (not the PN that Whiteline now says fits our car, which is the w92447). You can read about the difference in other posts. I also installed lower rear shock mount bushings and both sets of diff bushings.

I was battling a lot of wheel hop prior to this install. I had stock bushings with SZ collars. They did tighten up the ride some when I first installed them years ago, but as soon as I upgraded wheels and put on sticky Nitto NT05 tires, I had wheel hop badly (for the past 3 or 4 years). I tried all the typical things (shock settings, tire pressure, different road surfaces, etc). I noticed one bushing was leaking ove the winter as well.

I've had the new bushings in for almost 2 months now. I'm able to launch the car (on the street so far; track upcoming) and either get no wheel hop or very very minimal hop. I actually did a little burnout for the first time in that car... and it wasn't hopping!

The other thing that annoyed the crap out of me was the bumpy highway ride with the ES rear lower shock mount bushings I had in my car (I installed those a year ago). It pronounced any uneven highway surface and magnified it 10 times. I hated driving my car because of it. The Whiteline ones are keeping the bouncing down to a minimum now... much better.

To date, I haven't seen any reviews of folks who installed whitelines (especially the subframe bushings). It's just been a few posts about how people were going to install them. Well, here's one and I'm happy I went this direction.

I will say also that the rear diff bushings come with a pair of like 8 mm metal spacers, and the instructions say to use them if needed. I didn't need them for the diff (things were lining up fine without them), so I was able to use them as the necessary spacers for the front 2 subframe mounts, as the w92446 are about 10 mm shorter than OEM (on the bottom) such that the metal mounting bracket would need to be angled way up to mount up to the bushing without a spacer. So that worked out too.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.